What is Technotypes?
An unmoderated listserv for MSU faculty and staff, Technotypes serves as a support group to facilitate and promote collaboration among those with an interest in academic computing and instructional technology. The listserv is an open forum for discussing the day-to-day questions and problems we and our students encounter.
How do I subscribe to Technotypes?
Using your MSU in-office Outlook email program, address an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The email should have no subject line.
- Type subscribe technotypes in the body of the email. Do not capitalize; do not add a period.
- The message needs to be plain text. (Your default email may be html. If you are not sure, open a new message; click on Format; check Plain Text.)
- The email should have no signature.
How do I send an email to the Technotypes listserv?
- Send your email to email@example.com.
(Note, this address is different from the one you used to subscribe to the listserv.)
- Once a member of the listserv, you should include a subject line with your email: the subject of the email will be the question put up for discussion.